- Develop knowledge and understanding among students and teachers of ICT and the diversity of European cultures and languages and its value.
- Increase students and teachers knowledge about partner countries in various areas of life such as history, geography, educational systems, leisure time, celebrations, food and in this way fight prejudices, racism and xenophobia.
- Improve the quality and increase the volume of partnerships between schools and mobility involving students and teachers in different countries.
- Guarantee equal opportunities both for male and female students and teachers, integrate handicapped pupils and pupils with special educational needs by encouraging them taking part.
- Raise interest in less widely used and taught European languages as foreign languages and improve the quality of teaching them by adding European context.
- Provide materials of intercultural education by dissemination of the project products.
- Practise key competences necessary for personal development, for future employment and for active European citizenship via the Internet, using different languages by means of video conferences, chats, mails and a forum.
The subjects related to our project are following: History, Science, Music, Art, Foreign languages, mother tongue, Maths, Geography, ICT, Religion, Citizenship, Ethics.
We intend to address the following problems:
- insufficient awareness of Cultural Diversity in Europe
- writing/reading in different languages
- competence of social skills
- prejudices, racism and xenophobia and gender discrimination
- poor ITC and internet knowledge and lack of its usage in lessons other than ICT
- unsatisfactory level of European and intercultural education
- few opportunities to meet peers from abroad, especially for students in Central and Eastern Europe
- lack of cooperation among teachers from different countries
- special educational needs students feeling not involved in the life of school
- poor knowledge of smaller European countries, new members of the EU and Turkey
- unsatisfactory level of key competences.
The approach to achieve our objectives is to organize project meetings, exhibitions, constant communication links between partners, common website of the project, Facebook and Twitter groups for the project, teacher meetings, Communication via Skype, evaluation, to give ‘Small student projects’ and to promote the project.